Milanese Gremolata Shrimp Scampi
-adapted from The Spicy Olive
- 2 tbsp Bella Nonnas Milanese Gremolata Olive Oil
- 1 Onion or shallot, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 2 tbsp Bella Nonnas Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 1 tbsp Capers
- 2 lbs Shrimp large, clean, peeled and deveined
- Parmesan Cheese to taste
- 1½ tbsp of Bella Nonnas Butter Olive Oil
- Sauté onion or shallot in Milanese Gremolata olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper, Sicilian Lemon balsamic, white wine and capers. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and simmer for about 7 minutes, until shrimp are almost done.
- Add butter to pan and stir into sauce. This should thicken the sauce; you can add more butter if desired.
- Serve over pasta, rice or toasted french bread slices and top with parmesan cheese. Delicious!