- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 small onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 4 ounces pancetta or ham, chopped
- 1/2 cup of Bella Nonnas Ultra Premium EVOO
- 15 ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
- 3 - 15 ounce cans cannellini or great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 bunch kale, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted bread crumbs
- Grated parmesan
In a large pot over medium heat, sauté the first five ingredients in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil for 5 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and their juices, along with the beans, broth, and rosemary. Simmer, covered, until the beans break apart, about an hour.
Add the kale and cook for 5 to 7 minutes more. Stir in the bread crumbs and serve, drizzled with the remaining olive oil and sprinkled with the cheese.
Servings : 10-12