- 1 pound fresh, wild salmon fillets (4)
- 1/4 pound fresh wild mushrooms such as Chanterelles, Black Trumpets, and or Porcini, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium, sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 4 fresh rosemary sprig, leaves reserved
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Bella Nonnas Ultra Premium EVOO
- 1/4 cup Bella Nonnas 18 Year Old Traditional Balsamic
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
- In a heavy bottom, large saute pan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of EVOO.
- Sprinkle sliced onions with a little sea salt and add to the olive oil, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the wild mushrooms and rosemary leaves, (discarding any woody stems). Saute until both the mushrooms and onions become deep golden brown and caramelized.
- Add the balsamic to the pan with the mushrooms and onions and de-glaze.
- Simmer gently and cook until the balsamic is reduced by half. Add the cream, and stir to combine.
- Cook until the mixture thickens slightly, approximately another minute.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and reserve.
- Lightly score the salmon skin in several places with a sharp knife without penetrating the flesh.
- Pat the fillets dry and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a pan large enough to hold the fillets, heat 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil over medium high heat.
- Pan sear the fillets, for approximately two minutes per side, taking care not to overcook.
- Serve the salmon with the balsamic-mushroom sauce over it
Chef's Tip: This is terrific over wilted spinach!
Cooking Time : 5-6 min
Servings : 4