- 4 tablespoons Bella Nonnas Maple Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon Bella Nonnas Barrel-aged Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon good quality Dijon style mustard
- 4 tablespoons Bella Nonnas Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon finely minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 slices center-cut bacon, cooked to a crisp and finely crumbled
- 2 quarts young spinach leaves, stems removed, washed
- orange wedges (peeled, seeded, cut and stripped)
- Place spinach in a serving bowl.
- Place the balsamic, half the crumbled bacon, red wine vinegar, salt, half the shallots, pepper, and mustard in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Gently warm while whisking - remove from heat before it reaches a simmer.
- Allow to cool for a minute, and then whisk in the olive oil to emulsify.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Gently dress spinach with warm vinaigrette and top with remaining crumbled bacon, orange pieces and shallot.
Cooking Time : 5-10 min
Servings : 4-6