- 1 pound Great White Northern Beans, rinsed and picked over
- 1 medium celery rib, coarsely chopped
- 2 large shallots, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 pound smoked bacon diced
- 2 large cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped
- 5 quarts chicken broth or stock, vegetable stock, or cold water
- 1 - 2 inch sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1/2 cup Bella Nonnas Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste (at least 1 tablespoon recommended if not using stock)
- Combine all the ingredients except for the olive oil in a large slow cooker.
- Set the cooker to high for 6 hours.
- Once the beans are tender, taste and adjust seasoning.
- Drain the beans with a slotted spoon and serve slathered in Bella Nonnas Tuscan Herb Olive Oil with crusty bread.
Cooking Time : 6 hrs
Servings : 6-8