- 1 stick (8 Tbs.) unsalted butter
- 4 Tbs. + 1 tsp. Bella Nonnas Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
- 6 oz. 60% dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 Tbs. Bella Nonnas Cara-Cara Orange Vanilla Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 5 large eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- Using a teaspoon of blood orange extra virgin olive oil, grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Line pan with strip of parchment, cut to overhang the long sides of the pan.
- In a large bowl set over a double boiler, slowly melt the butter with the dark chocolate.
- Stir constantly until completely melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the olive oil, eggs, balsamic, orange zest and sugar.
- Mix until well combined.
- Whisk together the flour and cocoa powder and add to the wet ingredients.
- Fold until there are no visible dry spots.
- Scrape batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake on the center rack of the oven for approx. 30 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out with very moist crumbs.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 15 min.
- Lift out using the parchment and cool completely before cutting.
Cooking Time: 30 min