- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup of Bella Nonnas Lemon Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Bella Nonnas Blueberry Balsamic Vinegar for drizzling when served.
- Combine the blueberries, 1/4 cup of sugar and lemon zest together in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir occasionally, being mindful that the pot does not boil over or burn.
- Keep the berries on medium heat until they release their juices